View all my tutorials and videos:
—— Click Show More ——————————————
How to make your home more energy efficient ready for solar power.
Solar geysers, heat pumps, efficient pool pumps, LED lighting…and more…
——————— Click “Show more” ——————————-
My website and forum:-
Donations and contributions:-
My techie channel MJLorton – Solar Power and Electronic Measurement Equipment –
My Techie Amazon Store:
My other channel VBlogMag – For almost any topic under the sun! –
My VBlogMag Amazon Store:
Video sponsor, Pass Ltd – their websites:
– Test Equipment and Test-meter suppliers and
– Calibration and service of test equipment
In this video we look at energy / electricity consumption of a typical home and have a look at ways to save it. This helps to understand the solar power requirement / size the solar installation.
* LED / CFL lighting
* Energy efficient pool pump.
* LED / flat panel TV vs CRT TV
* Solar geyser vs heat pump vs electric geyser.
* How to calculate energy consumption kWh / kilowatt-hour
* Reduce your electricity bill and save money while getting ready for solar power.
* kill-o-watt meter
* kill-a-watt meter
* Fluke 43b
* Energy Monitors
* Energy efficient appliances
* Energy star
* Power rating
* Duty cycle
* Sky light to save energy
* Zodiac Flo-Pro pool pump / variable speed pool pump
* tempering valve / thermostatic valve
* Geyser wise timer
* Florescent tube replacement / LED tubes for lighting
* Life style changes for eco living
* Energy audit